With Central Park front and center in NYC, it’s no wonder that the Playgrounds of Riverside Park are sometimes neglected. Flee the masses over in Central Park and venture on over to the water, where you can discover (or re-discover) Riverside Park and it’s dynamite playgrounds.
Spanning from the Upper West Side through Central West Harlem, from 67th to 148th Street, Riverside Park offers fifteen different playgrounds for kids of all ages. Some have animal themes such as Elephant, Hippo, Dinosaur, and more. Be sure to visit the River Run Playground, where kids can play with a water-play replica of the Hudson River and the Little Engine Playground where they can actually play in a little engine. So venture out of your neighborhood, give your kids a little variety, and check them out sometime. You will not be sorry!
1) Little Engine Playground – 67th Street & Riverside Boulevard – Your kids can play in a playground “choo choo”!
2) Classic Playground – 75th Street near the river (public restroom)
3) Neufeld (Elephant) Playground – 76th Street & Riverside Drive (public restroom)
4) River Run Playground – 82nd Street near Riverside Drive (public restroom)
5) Hippo Playground – 91st Street near Riverside Drive (public restroom)
6) Dinosaur Playground – 97th Street & Riverside Drive (public restroom)
7) 105th Street Tot Lot – 105th Street & Riverside Drive (smaller playground)
110th Street Tot Lot – 110th Street & Riverside Drive (smaller playground)
9) 112th Street Tot Lot – 112th Street & Riverside Drive (smaller playground)
10) 117th Street Playground – 117th Street & Riverside Drive
11) Sakura Playground – 122nd Street & Riverside Drive
12) Claremont Dolphin Playground – 124th Street behind Grant’s Tomb (public restroom)
13) Riverbank (Camel) Playground – 143rd Street & Riverside Drive (public restroom)
14) Palisades Playground – 148th Street & Riverside Drive (small playground)
15) Ten Mile River (Beaver) Playground – 148th Street, west of Riverside Drive (public restroom)