iKidNY is the must have app for savvy NYC moms on the move, and diligent urban daddies too. We don’t stop being efficient New Yorkers just because we have little ones!
Developed by a New York City mom who just wanted to make her life a little easier, one click on the guide gets you information and directions to the closest:
• Indoor Activities – Because on a rainy day, a finicky kid cannot be entertained by your apartment walls alone.
• Outdoor Activities – Because without NYC parks and playgrounds, our kids (not to mention us) would go bananas.
• Changing Tables – Because accidents cannot be planned.
• Subway Elevators – Because after all, who wants to schlep up and down stairs? Save your energy for pilates.
• Kid-Friendly Restaurants – Because Dad needs to know where he can multi-task junior and the Yankee game.
• Super easy one touch navigation
• Interactive neighborhood map for searching anywhere in the 5 boroughs
• One touch auto-connect to all phone numbers and websites
• Detailed directions to any location
• Favorites option for go-to listings
• Radius setting option
• Ability to plot favorites or individual categories on a map
• Email function to contact the developer with additional listings or feedback
• Logo and application graphics by Hagopian Ink
• Private database built and managed by us
iKidNY is the brain child of a New York City mom who was desperate to find an easier way of navigating the city with kids. Lara Serebrier Paul, a Harlem resident and native New Yorker, found navigating NYC with a new baby a challenge. Sick of digging for her home-made pocket guide of local changing tables and subway elevators, Lara decided to take her scribbles to a new level. She thought to herself “wouldn’t it be great if there was a way to find the closest kids stuff while out and about in NYC?” Then one day, as she was watching the “there’s an app for that” iphone commercial, a light bulb went off! Lara immediately set out to create the perfect app for NYC parents on the move. She made it her mission to develop an app that would locate the closest changing tables, subway stations with elevators, kid-friendly restaurants, parks, hair stylists, playgrounds, museums, libraries, and indoor playspaces, all at the touch of a button. Everything a savvy NYC parent on the go could possibly need! And thus, iKidNY was born.
Lara would like to thank Hagopian Ink for their spectacular designs, as well as her unbelievable family for their amazing love, support, and patience during the development of this app.